Saturday, May 30, 2009

January Pt 5

I am back from my orientation. I guess you can say it went well. really wasn't much to it. I filled out a couple of forms and that was really it. I was really expecting alot more. The applications ask a variety of questions. What type of kids are you interested in? What age range will you be willing to accept in your home? What ethnic background are you interested in? Are you willing to foster gay teens? Her are my answers and I'll tell you why. Obviously we are interested in teens. I put my age limit between 12 and age 15. Although I am Italian Irish & German and Arron, is African American; I entered that we were interested in white and Hispanic kids only. I know that is horrible, but its not written in stone. I only said that because we live in a predominately white and Latino community. I was thinking the child would adapt easily. When the question came up about gay teens; I didn't know what to say. I really have to give it some thought, and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment